Proposed topics to be covered as a full council:
Principles & Practices
- Our proposed Principles and Practices
"Stuck ether" EIPs
- Discussion about the options on the table
- How and when we get initiatives like Casper, ewasm, and scaling/sharding into Ethereum and how these all fit together
- Who is responsible for the roadmap, what is the process, where is it recorded and communicated? Etc.
- is there a single roadmap, or multiple roadmaps?
- do we need more experimentation? More main chain forks, testnets, sidechains, constellations, etc? Is our collective vision still “one chain to rule them all?”
Economic policy / Paying for the public good
- How is economic policy (e.g. the ether issuance rate / inflation) to be conducted? Is there anything technical that we can do about the current wealth gap situation?
- How to incentivize more people to use Ethereum and how to pay for all of the ongoing infrastructure work that needs to be done?
- @JosefJ is hosting a UX Meetup in Prague. He will put together a summary and outcomes and present it live. We’ll capture it on video as well.
Proposed topics to be covered in working groups
- Virtual Machines: EVM / WASM / K-EVM / IELE
- EIPs relating to new opcodes / changes to opcodes
- UX: account management / signatures / wallets
- Upgrading clients / making forks less dire
- Compensating nodes / paying rent on contract storage
- Status codes and improving the developer experience
- Security and contract auditing (or is this covered by EthBerlin?)
- Social scalability
Who would like to be the champions for these subjects? Are there other topical groupings of EIPs that have a lot of support?