Improving NFT standard

I support the approach shown above at NFTPermit.sol · GitHub

Minor feedback

• Maybe should be separate ERCs for 721 and 1155 extensions.
  • It should be loudly noted that this depends on EIP-712 which is in draft.

Although this is a “good” approach. A “great” approach is to just deploy the same thing as a utility which applies to any existing NFT.

1 Like

Nice!I want to promote data encapsulation with NFT

1 Like

I am interested in idea of having a standard interface for NFT primary mint. I created a thread here:

2 Likes

Recently there has been an interest in adding new types of roles to NFTs, such as:

Since there are various use-cases (thus roles) and each has its own specifics I think that the idea that @ ilanolkies suggests here is interesting.

Although @fulldecent has concerns in fragmenting the standard, even more, I think that the idea of having a generic definition for roles might be something that we can explore.

Can we have a “temperature check” prior to picking that up? I would be interested to get your feedback on it.

4 Likes

You could see this proposal It has some good ideas for a new NFT standard. ERC CallistoNFT standard

1 Like

Really liked the ideas here to enable renting NFTs :slight_smile:
@peroket and I have been working on an ERC721 extension IERC721Rental that transfers the token’s ownership temporarily to the renter and delegates the rental logic to another contract IERC721RentalAgreement that guarantees that the rental terms are honored.

Here is our proposal: ERC721 extension to enable rental

Happy to collaborate on this!!

Hey everyone. I just proposed a very simple EIP to standardize a token state hash function. I have seen several attempts to define that, but none have been accepted/adopted.

I would appreciate your comments on the proposed EIP draft and open questions at the bottom of the post.

1 Like

Just discovered this post. I also want to add my thoughts on the existing EIPs for NFTs, such as ERC721 and ERC1155. Their design logic draws from ERC20 and fungible tokens(FTs). However, through research and practice, we have found that NFTs have more practical value than FTs. NFTs have more use cases and potential. Therefore, 721 and 1155 appear somewhat outdated.

This standard is an extension of ERC-721. Its inspiration comes from the abstraction of real-world asset relationships. It separates the holding right and transfer right of non-fungible tokens (NFTs) and Soulbound Tokens (SBTs) and defines a new role, guard with expires . The flexibility of the guard setting enables the design of NFT anti-theft, NFT lending, NFT leasing, SBT, etc.

FINAL EIP-6147: Guard of NFT/SBT, an Extension of ERC-721

We can also achieve decentralized NFT trading without intermediaries.
EIP-6105: No Intermediary NFT Trading Protocol With Mandatory and More Diverse Royalty Schemes

By using modern tax theory, various royalty schemes are proposed to better fit the diversity of NFTs and industry development. Through research, most of the royalty schemes can be implemented without any improvements to EIP2981.
Better and More Diverse Royalty Schemes

EIP-5507: Refundable NFTs

Hi everybody, I just posted an ERC proposal that would empower NFT communities to expand across rollups without ceding sovereignty to an interoperability protocol in a manner identical to the one used by EIP-7281 (xERC20).

Wanted to post here to source feedback from those of you who are actively looking for ways to improve NFT standards across the ecosystem: