I’ll just chime in here. I know everyone probably already knows how I feel about this, but I think “absolutely anything can be shared at absolutely any time without permission” should be on the promotional material.
Good point, @tjayrush, we’ll make that sure people can add topics. Also, take note of one of our proposed principles:
Open Process. Any interested person can participate in the work, know what is being decided, and make his or her voice heard on the issue.
I would love to attend, but still trying to figure out if I can make it work. Interested in options to attend remotely.
Signed up. I’ll definitely attend!
Just registered, looking forward to following up on some of the Dapp UX topics from Prague in Berlin!
Just signed up. Would be happy to join discussions regarding dapps UX, contract storage incentives, protocol upgrades.
Hey! Just submitted the form, looking forward to it
Chipping in on behalf of Golem, we looked into EIPs (thanks @boris for encouraging us) - The EIPs that interest us the most:
- EIP-101: Serenity Currency and Crypto Abstraction
- EIP-86: Abstraction of transaction origin and signature
- EIP-1014: Skinny CREATE2 (solves token wrapper transactions race condition issue)
- EIP-210: Blockhash refactoring (optional, you have to review it)
- No EIPs for it, but we want it
planning to attend; coming to listen & learn
fantastic! Long time Twitter watcher of yours, looking forward to meeting you in person
What would be really helpful – and I should ping @jarradhope about this too – is which EIPS does the Status team care about? @mariapaulafn told us what EIPs Golem cares about – something similar would be great.
Hope you’re enjoying your hiking trip!
Any other teams or individuals – please speak up about the EIPs you want to see happen so we can get them discussed!
Attending + Dappcon. In Berlin 13-21/07.
Great! Can you give an update on NFT EIPs and future work?
Absolutely! Would love to. There’s lots of interesting NFT, “Item”, Interface and Composite proposals, I’ll prepare a few slides and taxonomy of the space so far.
Buying my plane tix now.
A bit late to this but just submitted the form, looking forward to participating!
yeah, looking forward to meeting you in person also, Boris
You’re right on time
EDIT: NM… I figured out how to edit and added this myself
Things to add!
Christoph Jentzsch (Sat Only)
- Gas Based Voting Tool - Christoph Jentzsch
- Lowering Gas Prices with Child pays the Parent - Griff Green - Child pays the Parent in Ethereum - Help Build this EIP!
- DAppNode: Decentralizing Node Infrastructure - Griff Green - https://dappnode.io/
Other topics I can/would like to talk about:
Open Source Block Explorers NOW!
Giveth: Collaborative Crypto Grants
Organizing Communities around Causes
I’d love to talk about open source block explorers, maybe in combination with collaborative crypto grants.
Also attending the council + Dappcon, happy to talk about standards, tools and generally anything improving developers experience.
Excellent to see these topics!
We need to start thinking about how to make sure that community members can gather around these topics at the event, while also enabling members to learn about / work on more than one topic.
Those un-conference processes for showing interest in a proposed topic (used at EIP-0) can help with this.
Also important to note:
- everyone is invited to be a member of this community
- for now, signal who you are with a GitHub user ID
- anyone can propose a topic
- make topics visible, enable members to attach themselves to a topic
- determine who are the champions of a topic, every topic needs a champ
- have 1 or even 2 in-person working sessions for a topic at this Council
- work on a topic should be carefully noted
- please delay “rough consensus” until later on, it can occur on the forum, conference call, or other online medium, but a read on consensus is helpful
How can we get those who are not attending to participate? Is it helpful for each topic to have real-time chat? The major topics for the full Council will be streamed.