The discussion that started in January has resulted in a meeting being planned for April 17th & 18th in Berlin.
The dates are confirmed so please feel free to book travel. There may be a reception on the evening of the 16th or other shoulder events, but nothing else is confirmed.
The goals are:
- discuss process & timing of Istanbul hardfork – EIP233 improvements, security, testing
- discuss various multi-hardfork plans such as state fees, eWASM, EVM evolution
- presentations from technical experts & EIP proposers for Istanbul
- client implementation scheduling and concerns
This is a technical meeting for CoreDevs, ETH1 client developers, EIP proposers, and other technical experts.
Aside from being there in person, we will be setup to include some remote presenters.
Presentations will be captured / livestreamed but not break out sessions. Will post notes after the fact, and run an AMA afterwards similar to the Feb 6th Webinar.
Anyone doing technical work as described above is welcome to attend. Please let us know that you’re coming to plan for space and topics.
Signup form: https://goo.gl/forms/AZv018Cgd2B3YzuZ2
All times in Central Europe Time (Berlin).
Topics will be updated with links to presentations / livestream as they become available
This is an initial list of topics and presenters.
Presentations being made in order:
April 17th Wednesday Day 1
- State Rent - @AlexeyAkhunov - https://drive.google.com/open?id=1u7d-jLMdGkPYl0zf49b1CFKtqlln4ICO
- EVM Evolution - @expede
- EIP 615 Static Jumps and Subroutines - @expede @gcolvin (part of EVM Evolution discussion)
- Brooke’s presentation https://drive.google.com/open?id=1_taRpfsEF-ofF0UpwKyGOH-ogPqxmpUD
- EVM Invariants
EIP 1712 - Disallow deployment of unused opcodes - Immutability/invariant -
- EIP 1712 - Disallow deployment of unused opcodes - Immutability/invariant -
- Consenus Testing - Dmitry cover’s Retesteth https://drive.google.com/open?id=1w_I_9ny1c5bPEavBfy2QLk0OPOzGrM0q
- Security Review - @tintinweb - https://drive.google.com/open?id=1EiIw2LIw2e98nLaR0VU94PJrpBj-ABo_
- Large Scale System Testing - Zack Cole, White Block https://drive.google.com/open?id=1lrfJ-Z4lscnLHbUae11uPn8QaUpQjdH2
- ETHv64 - Matt Halpern - https://drive.google.com/open?id=1-TuInhKVAbLs0s5L-Bk1e0x3aXlCYW2R
Red Queen Sync - sidebar discussion
- eWASM - @axic @lrettig
- Precompiles - meta discussion on including more pre-compiles for crypto primitives and ETH2 support - @axic for eWASM view, @expede @Recmo for “native” precompiles
- EIP Process Improvements: EIP233 - @boris @axic @lrettig
- Technical Mainnet HF Process - @decanus
- Mainnet HF Comms - Lead?
- 6 or 9 month HFs, plus non HF rollouts like networking updates, JSON-RPC - @lrettig
- Networking - Hobbits wire protocol for ETH 2.0 - Antoine Toulme
Proposed EIP Presentations
Not confirmed to present, copy/pasta from roadmap wiki
- EIP 1829 Precompile for Elliptic Curve Linear Combinations - @Recmo
- EIP 1057 ProgPoW, a Programmatic Proof-of-Work - @shemnon
- EIP 1559 - Fee market change - see also EthMagicians discussion - @ vbuterin
- Istanbul Roadmap timeline - https://en.ethereum.wiki/roadmap/istanbul
- Small vs Large Hardforks More frequent, smaller hardforks vs. less frequent, larger ones
When: April 17th & 18th
Where: Berlin, Germany
Venue: Full Node – thank you Martin & Gnosis team for supporting this
These are working meetings, please sign up to let us know you’re coming https://goo.gl/forms/AZv018Cgd2B3YzuZ2
The presentations will be livestreamed at the Ethereum Foundation Youtube account starting soon.