This is a proposal to create a ring, namely the Decentralization Ring, which would act as an initiative to collect fellow researchers, hobbyists, advocates, and writers interested in the field of decentralized systems in order to collaborate on common goals.
The purpose of this ring is to combine forces to further research in this area and to broaden the aspects of research in this field. This means that members may collaborate, share ideas, and help each other out in research. I would encourage all members to share their work for the greater good.
Some suggested research topics that the ring may discuss and research include:
- Approaches to decentralization
- Different states of decentralization
- Different types of decentralization
- The structure and design of decentralized systems
- Generalize decentralized systems, not only blockchain
The aim of this ring would be to:
- Combine and share knowledge in the field with other members
- Conduct and collaborate on research, including writing articles, etc.
- Educate about decentralization and push the movement forwards
- Create some kind of standard for decentralization (without limiting innovation)
I’ve created a working draft here: https://hackmd.io/s/ry9o67Z5Q for anyone interested.
If there is community consensus about creating such a group, I will go ahead and add this to github.