We at skale run lots of tests on Rinkeby, and going to be a pain to move to another test network.
I think an option for us is to fork a Rinkeby node and keep using it internally.
I wonder, if there are other people negatively affected by the future death of Rinkeby
Sepolia and Goerli are the public testnets to use moving forward.
EF testnet deprecation blog post:
Reminder: the Gray Glacier upgrade is scheduled for block 15,050,000, expected June 29, 2022 The Kiln Merge testnet, launched earlier this year, will be shut down shortly after the Ethereum mainnet’s transition to proof-of-stake. Ropsten, Ethereum’s...
Peter on Rinkeby:
Well the problem is that we have historic smart contract infrastructure that was deployed to Rinkeby by our QA team over several years.
Moving Sepolia and Goerli is not an option to us.
What we will probably need to do is keep Rinkeby running at least for us internally. If someone else is interesting in continuing Rinkeby to run please let me know.
What are the blockers to redeploying this on another testnet? Would be curious to better understand and see if other projects are in the same situation.
One note re: Rinkeby is that it won’t be run through The Merge (or future forks), so as of The Merge, it won’t be a good staging environment for mainnet.
Our QA team is having lots of problems getting testeth for Goerlie. May be ETH foundation starts charging a little for it ? At the moment there seems to be hardly any way to get a significant amount of it.
App devs should use Sepolia (due to Goerli supply issues)
There is a one time 10 Sepolia & Goerli testnet ETH claim:
For larger amounts you would need a Goerli whale.
Sepolia should not have the same long-term supply issues as Goerli because it uses an ERC20 token for the beacon chain, and therefore can mint more testnet ETH.
@kladkogex if you need a short term “transition” amount of GoETH, let me know your address and roughly how much. Thanks!
Thank you Tim!!!
Here is the address of our QA team
1000 would be enough for our QA team short term so we can test the next release
We will move to Sepolia then as you suggest.
Appreciate your help!
@kladkogex done! apologies for the delay