User initiation problem

I think Ethereum’s switch from PoW to PoS was a historic moment and a triumph of the entire community. However I worry for a following case and haven’t found a solid answer for it.

Suppose that there’s a user who doesn’t have any access to exchanges and there’s no one who owns any ETH or even they might not have the access to any ETH.

In PoW, perhaps the one can leave the PC long enough period running the blockchain client to mine or even join a mining pool and can own his first native asset which can be used to pay for transaction. From there, the user can start acting in the network.

But in the current PoS setting Ethereum is in, I don’t see any way a user could independently initiate onchain actions. For him to begin in blank slate, he MUST get his first ETH from others by any means.

Is there anyone thinking about this problem? Or is it even a problem to worry? Or, does anyone have a solid and convincing answer to this?

In a Proof of Work (PoW) system, acquiring the necessary hardware to mine or joining a mining pool incurs a certain cost, whereas in a Proof of Stake (PoS) setting like Ethereum’s current state, staking is required, which also involves a form of investment. The fundamental concept in both cases is that participation in the network requires some form of commitment, whether it’s computational power in PoW or staked assets in PoS. So I don’t think this is a problem to worry.

1 Like