Token Implementation

Hello Folks - Just on the Journey of Token Implementation and thought I would ask for Opinions to some design decisions.

1. Do most brutish raw implementation of ERC20 in vyper to skip on most all checks.
  2. Allow ZERO_ADDRESS transfers - burn and minting would use the tokens contract address instead.
  3. Default to approve X for one transaction.
  4. Donot set approvals back to 0 again instead use int128 and set it to -1 - so the space will not become freed. Update -> this is nonsense xD, because free will also return gas, and is overall more gas efficient

Point 3 probably needs some further explaination and is also the part with highest level of uncertainty.

From my perspective there are 3 different ways how to approve.

1. give Full Approval and done until revoked
  2. give Approval for a max of X tokens to be spend for 1 transaction
  3. increase or decrease the Approved amount of tokens to be spent

The thing is for nr. 2 that as soon as you have approved for 1 transaction…

• …you actually expect that it definately will be used
  • …it would reset any left amount to -1. -> Update: reseting to 0 is better
  • …well, is debatable if it is more desirable not reset the left amount to -1 afterwards^^ -> Update: reseting to 0 is better

To me it appears that the default thought behaviour is that nr. 2 without the limitation of only one transaction.
When does the case ever occur where it is necessary to grant a spending limit over multiple transactions?
Isn’t better then to use the increase, decrease allowance mechanics for this case instead?

So in the meantime everything has changed due to the update that setting allowances to -1 is not really useful and also the transferFrom function which always resets to 0 is not as gas-efficient as the version of just subtracting the used amount.

So now it mainly boils down to:

1. absolute raw brutishness of implementation
  2. Allow ZERO_ADDRESS transfers - as burn and minting address will be the token contract itself.

Here is the implementation - is this implementation acceptable? XD