Security Tokens: Where are we today?

It looks like I may be branching into security tokens. I see that a large part of the conversation seems to have happened here on the Magicians Discourse, especially @boris @expede @AdamDossa. I’m having trouble figuring out where to jump in, and where things are holding, though.

ERC-1400 (/ERC-1410 and ERC-1411) seem to have the most ‘attention’ from what I see, and I see that they’re merged for review, but how volatile is that standard? I see a number of other offerings, and some uncertainties about how to best codify certain regulatory issues. I’m playing catch-up with the threads here and in GitHub, but if there’s anything else I should be doing, I’d love the tip.

1 Like

Brooke and I worked on this problem at a previous company and FISSION Codes can be used for some of the message flows.

Adam is your guy to get in touch with. There’s a Telegram channel and more.

There are a bunch of other efforts that all came out of the woodwork at the same time. Right now it looks like there will be multiple “standards”. For application layer stuff like this — it’s all about adoption.

1 Like

Hey @wscwab,

A lot of the general discussion is happening on Telegram at the moment:

re. ERC-1400/1410 there has been a lot of discussion here, on GitHub, at the Token Ring pre-DevCon and on some community calls - it’s on my plate to summarise this which I’m hoping to get out in the next couple of days, which includes updating the ERC in-line with those discussions.

Thanks,
Adam

I need to check out this Telegram thread!

We have been generating a lot of interest around ERC 1450 (security tokens for Regulations CF, A+, and D). Here are the highlights:

and

Here is a side-by-side comparison of the various proposals:

1 Like