I recently published a new proposed standard that makes upgradeable contracts more flexible, unlimited in size and more transparent.
It is ERC1538: Transparent Contract Standard: https://github.com/ethereum/EIPs/issues/1538
I am looking for feedback.
Here is a list of benefits from the standard:
- The ability to add, replace or remove any function.
- Each time a function is added, replaced or removed, it is documented with events.
- Build trust over time by showing all changes made to a contract.
- Unlimited contract size.
- The ability to query information about functions currently supported by the contract.
- One contract address that provides all needed functionality and never needs to be replaced by another contract address.