Forming a Ring of Ethereum Architects

I am still thinking about realtionship between “Ethereum Architect (EA)” role and “XYZ Manager”.
Even EA should solve some typical problems, that the classical manager would solve, I would avoid to give the EA role the “Manager” name.

Nomen est omen. Using term “manager” to describe EA role, we will import old problems from hierarchically managed world. I would avoid it.

I think I like how you put it best somewhere else, it’s more of a community management role. The EAs ensure that those in the community understand what else is out there in terms of colloboration and partnerships so Ethereum can be a more effective platform overall. We can all be so far down our silos it’s difficult to listen for these, but our EAs are superstars and can bridge those connections.

I think this honestly already happens quite well on crypto-twitter, but it’s great to discuss the importance of this role especially as we scale.

1 Like

@Ethernian, are you volunteering?

=====
Yes, for sure.

3 Likes

… Excellent :slight_smile:

… I am just waiting few days more for feedback and then will continue with formal steps organizing the ring

Interested in helping with this :slight_smile:

I have a keen focus on helping out with scalability - particularly state channels and plasma. Naturally, I can assist on the various user onboarding nuances - transaction fueling services, identity management, etherless accounts, etc…

I’m really just in favor of helping to promote any open standards :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Great!
A lot of thanks for your help!

I will finalize forming a Ring of Ethereum Architects next days and then will start a separate topic to bring more structure into the Ring.

1 Like

@Ethernian working on the specification of the Ring Application Process. As someone who is interested in forming a ring I would love to hear some feedback.

An aside

As part of EthSignals this would be great :slight_smile:

We want to integrate with projects as much as possible and are working on finding appropriate projects for each signal. Being new to the space it has been pretty difficult to even know what exists out there.

unsure I am understand you correctly. Do you see Ring of Ethereum Architects as a part of EthSignals?

hmm… I would disagree… I see them on different levels: EthSignals creates an infrastructure and methodology to understand whats going on in community related to any possible topic. In particular in domain of Ethereum Architects or Ethereum Wallet Developers or any other ring.

Any Ring will use EthSignals but not be part of it.

That is how I see it as well. Sorry for the confusion.

One thing that would be helpful for us is as Ethereum Architects identifies projects, some of those could be analysed for integration. One example is Slockit.io gas voting. They are actively working on a voting mechanism never before seen. Luckily, we found them because Phil found them. Without this connection we may have never found this amazing project. We are always interested in integrating more and varied signals and hope to keep on top of upcoming technology in this area.

Great idea. Goes very much with the market demand for this type of the service. With wise realisation should help in identification of real skills and knowledge among tonns of self elected gurus.
I support the idea to build the structured approach as it will simplify the usage of the technology and clarify the gaps for the community.

Great idea. This is much needed. But, I am bit worried about it’s governance model.
Anyway, so let me know If I can be any helpful in scalability and solidity research .

Guys,

I have filed an formal application for creating the Ring.
I have put me (@ethernian) and @apitkevich @eolszewski @a4nkit as the Ring’s member. There are people who have explicitly offered help or asked for membership.

Any new members or membership corrections are welcome.

I would start working on creating of reference architecture (or many of them) and place ethereum projects into this scheme. If you have another Ideas, please let me know.

1 Like

@Ethernian, I have created the Ring of Ethereum Architects wiki page and working group category for the Ring of Ethereum Architects. There is some text which I have edited, feel free to improve that.

The wiki page needs a small list for “purpose”, you should be able to edit this page. See Token Ring for ideas on purpose.

Lastly, this is the new charter template: https://github.com/ethereum-magicians/scrolls/wiki/Ring-Charter-Template. What I created for EA is bare-bones so fill in more to complete this.

Ah never mind all of the above, I realize that GitHub wiki naming pages based on title has got me yet again :slight_smile:

I’m interested in doing what I can to help, if this is seen as more of a Product/Project Manager role, rather than a Community Manager role. (I’m the Product Manager at AragonOne and p/t Project manager at ENS…)

Guys,
I have started a new topic about Roadmap for Ethereum Architects. Please place your ideas there.

Will there be a Ring formation discussion for this ring at the FEM Council in Prague?

I think this would be a VERY important one to discuss, perhaps along the lines of the Meta discussion as well.

Yes, it makes sense!

As part of EAs roadmap (EIP tagging), I am currently working on detailed specification of decentralized tagging. Which should be applicable to EIPs, but also should have sense a stand-alone project as well. There is a good progress there, but it is more difficult than I thought initially. So looks like I will be able to present a preliminary report, but not a complete implementation.

Anyway I have two topics to present already:

• General presentations of the Ring of EAs as part of Meta discussion. Most ideas were already posted, but they need to be discussed.
  • Decentralized tagging of EIPs as part of EA’s Roadmap.

What formal steps from me are necessary to make it happen?