Ethereum Magicians session in Denver 2023

Hello fellow Eth Magicians :sparkles:

We are going to host day session in Denver around ETH Denver

This session is focused to bring together EIP editors, EIP authors, contributor or adopter of any EIP/ERC.

Session details:

Date: March 2nd
Time: 10am → 1pm
Address: Denver Rino - full address available on Eventbrite
Tickets: Available on Eventbrite - more will be released prior the event. Limited capacity - first come first serve

Schedule

Ping to confirm the slot @boyuanx @AlexQin @yaruno @ReiSoleil @ernestognw @qizhou → please respond to this thread to confirm or reach out to @xinbenlv / @anett to confirm.

POAPs will be distributed by GitPOAP friends
Refreshments (coffee, snacks) will be provided by DMC friends

Thank you to @xinbenlv for co-hosting this event with us!

The event will be held in person only, remote participation is not available due to administration constraints

This post is subjected to be updated or changed over time

16 Likes

Looking forward to meet all of FEM friends soon

1 Like

I’m interested in speaking as an EIP author. Looking forward to discussing EIP-5173, which uses an improved NFT framework to change the zero-sum mentality in trading of NFTs and other financial instruments. A fundamental shift in financial transactions and the end of centuries of conflicts of interest. More for you is also more for me.

1 Like

Definitely interested in speaking as an EIP author (EIP-6066).

1 Like

Interested in speaking as an EIP author (EIP-5023) and as an adopter of shareable NFTs in relation to our EU-funded research project ATARCA which aims to address market failures in relation to digital goods and data markets by developing and testing alternative infrastructures for economic growth centred on the concept of anti-rivalry.

3 Likes

Definitely interested in speaking about EIP 6093 and why it´s good for OpenZeppelin Contracts in 5.0

1 Like

Definitely looking forward to attending this and discussing improvement of the EIP processes

1 Like

Cool! I might be present there too (still planning). Very interested in sessions related to the following topics:

• EIP-4973: Account-bound tokens and allow lists
  • EIP-5192: Minimal Soulbound tokens
  • Token-gating standard (currently a bit stale, but I want to revive it): https://github.com/ethereum/EIPs/pull/5388
  • I’m also interested in a deep dive into the Farcaster architecture as they use a special NFT to token-gate membership and use those address’s signatures that hold it as a means to reconcile in the p2p network (I’m researching this as part of Zeitgeist Spark :slight_smile: )
  • All things ChainAgnostic

I’d be happy to organize workshops/lightning talks/take minutes etc.

FYI: I’m still looking for sponsors that can help me with financing my travels. I don’t work as a freelancer right now, and I pay out of pocket for this trip. If you’re benefitting from some of my past work on ERCs etc., please consider sponsoring out. Any small contribution helps me!

1 Like

What can I contribute to the event, drinks, snacks?

1 Like

no need to :slight_smile: everything is sorted out. Thank you for offering help! Appreciate it

1 Like

Confirming my attendance. See y’all there!

1 Like

confirmed. See you there!

2 Likes

Looking forward to seeing you all there.

1 Like

Glad to see this all coming together!

1 Like

Hey guys, I’m interested giving a quick talk about EIP-6160. Why it’s needed and how it works.

Confirming my lightning talk about EIP-5023. See you all at the event :sunglasses:

I am honored to join this event and elaborate more on EIP-5604.
Currently, the solutions for Defi or NFTfi are all custodial, which means borrowers have to transfer the ownership of their assets(ERC-20 or ERC-721 tokens) to the lending smart contract as collateral to get a loan or liquidity. There are two major concerns about such a mechanism, which are 1. Borrowers can’t make the best use of their assets, such as playing games with NFTs. 2. The security concerns arising out of holding users’ assets by the platforms or lending service providers.
EIP-5604 allow borrowers to keep their assets while borrowing at the same time. During the borrowing period, borrowers can still have ownership of their NFT but may not be able to sell, transfer or dispose of the assets in other ways. Only when liquidation happens, EIP-5604 will be triggered and the target asset will be transferred for liquidation.

See you there, in Denver ,