EIP: Social Recovery Interface

I would like to share with you a new ERC proposal that aims to standardize the interface for social recovery processes within smart contract accounts:

The main idea of this proposal is to separate the identity verification and policy verification procedures from the recovery process, allowing users to customize their recovery policies and choose different types of guardians, such as friends, family members, NFTs, SBTs, or even off-chain identities. The proposal also supports multiple recovery mechanisms and eliminates single points of failure.

I believe this proposal can benefit the Ethereum community by providing a common standard for social recovery processes, enabling interoperability and composability among different smart contract accounts and applications.

I would appreciate your feedback and suggestions on this proposal. Please let me know what you think about the design, implementation, security, and usability aspects of this standard. Thank you for your time and attention.

4 Likes

this is super interesting! do you know if anyone has implemented this and benchmarked/studied it on a testnet or anything?

1 Like