I’d like to start a semi-regular update thread with the participants of our Constrained resource Clients ring. The purpose of these threads is to get a clear idea of what everyone’s goals are and where on the roadmap each project is. With any luck, this will help us find opportunities for better collaboration and interoperation.
Quick recap: We’re talking about Ethereum clients that can run under constrained resource conditions, such as on phones or browsers or even embedded devices.
What I plan to do with these updates:
As the contact person for this ring, I will:
- Catalog and mention (or reach out) to founding participants for their own projects’ update.
- Once all updates have been posted, I’ll collate action items across teams and follow up.
- Repeat every few months (~quarterly?)
- Anything else you’d like me to do?
What I’d like from the participants with each update:
- Short summary: What is your project and its goal? (This can change over time)
- Roadmap now: What is the currently working and available to try?
- Roadmap next: What is being worked on over the next few months?
- Current challenges and concerns: Do you need help with anything? Are there unknowns you’re accounting for that could be nailed down by another participant?
To all projects mentioned: Please post an update as described above.
- Denode: @noot @ChainSafe @ansermino
- Go-Ethereum (LES): @zsfelfoldi
- Infura: @ryanschneider @egalano tueric
- Mustekala: @dryajov
- Slock.it: @CJentzsch
- Status: @mandrigin
- Vipnode: shazow
- WallETH: @ligi
If you’re hit with a link/mention limit, format the excess ones in plaintext.
If you’d like to join this list, please go ahead and post your update and I’ll make sure to explicitly include you next time.
(Won’t let me post with everyone mentioned, so some people aren’t.)