Proposal: Forking ERCs from EIPs Repository

You insisted I write an EIP but I resisted on the premise that it would be meaningless and you would move the goalposts in the end. That just happened

It’s Tim’s and lightclient’s proposal, which I fully support. I’m being a functionary in conforming to your process needs.

But splitting the org has always been part of the proposal. From the top of this very thread…

Editors will be grandfathered in to both repos, processes can evolve independently. Was there specific wording you want to see? Please propose it so I can get it right in one pass.

It’s not a shift. It’s literally in the tl;dr from the very beginning. Separate independent processes.

Then what do the editors do? Seriously, what EIP work have you done outside of governance and workflow debates since January? Editors who are not editing EIPs are not really editing. Perhaps we need to rename them “reviewers” to make it clear the work we do need from them.

1 Like

Moving files doesn’t change anything about how persons organize themselves. I don’t object to moving the files. I object to splitting up the Editors into separate organizations. I’m leaving it to the other Editors to decide whether they want to do that.

The original proposal was to both split org and repo. That you are willing to accept half of it does not change the original intent of the proposal.

1 Like

I do not question your intent, Danno. My only ask is that you be more explicit from the start:

Abstract

Describes the motivation and rational for splitting the EIP process into an EIP Process, targeting core ethereum changes and an ERC process, targeting application layer specifications.

Processes can also evolve within an organization. Your intent is to split the Editors into two independent organizations, so please say so here. That’s all.

1 Like