I agree with all positions expressed above. Nevertheless let me point out some facts.
- The whole point of ProgPoW on Eth is to slow down incoming wave of ASICs and to prepare a more levelled field for any mining device;
- All this delays only give room to ASIC manufactures to organize a counteroffensive move and prepare for a contentious hf;
- ProgPoW specs are publicly available since a year now
- Heavy lifting has already been done implementing both verification on major nodes (geth and parity) and an open-source miner;
- If anyone is thinking that audit/testnet/implementations can go ahead without proper funding … then better we dismiss the whole project.