Material Design for DApps

Hi all, we’ve recently started a Telegram group called “Open Source Web3Design” on Telegram to more synchronously talk about concepts related to design in this space :+1:t2:Please feel no obligation to join the Telegram channel as I think main concepts will still be crystallized in this forum, but the channel should provide a nice way to have back-and-forth on design topics quickly. We’ve used this model nicely with the “Open Source Block Explorer” Telegram channel built out by the excellent Griff Green.

Please message me on Telegram at Mitch_Kosowski if you’d like to be added! Thanks

1 Like

I understand that you want to highlight this, but I don’t think I agree.

Basically, do we expect all users to have a high level of web3 literacy? (never mind regular web literacy! I wrote about web literacy a long time ago)

Can we avoid getting users to buy in to all of the web3 principles while still delivering valuable dapps?

Are we showcasing the web3 plumbing to our peers and critics (who are equipped with higher web3 literacy and can help explain and approve of the centralization trade offs made) or do end users need to buy in and understand all of web3 before using it?

From which contract a datapoint came from is like showing the source code of LibreOffice - not helpful to end users.

On the other hand – I think we DO need to focus on web3 education! So how do you have a usable interface while educating users on how to dive deeper.

3 Likes

Hi all, I’m bit late to the game but are there any updates on the development of the library of components or any other alternatives that help streamline the UX of the web3? I’m planning to co-organize a workshop on the UX topic and perhaps also on native identity and reputation mechanics design for dApps at the upcoming web3 summit in Berlin. Any hint as to where I can update myself with the progress on this will be much appreciated. Feel free to reach out to me if you have any suggestions on the topic on twitter @Lililashka
Cheers