L2 Future Session 1: "Starting with L2s" - Intro, review of solutions, mapping out needs

As part of our “Ethereum L2 Future” virtual conference series, Magicians Ops is organizing a session this Friday 13th Nov. 4pm CET to introduce the community to the L2 roadmap proposal and start mapping out stakeholder needs and concerns.

:point_right: Session 1 agenda and related links

Two subsequent sessions on 20th Nov. and 27th Nov. will expand the work we will do this week: focusing on “dApp Development” and “Users”.

Session 1: Starting with L2s on 13th November 4pm CET - RSVP
Session 2: dApp development on L2 on 20th Novemberr 4pm CET - RSVP
Session 3: Ethereum L2 users on 27th Novemberr 4pm CET - RSVP

Recordings:
Starting with L2s - YouTube
dApp Development on L2 - YouTube
Ethereum L2 users - YouTube

Announcement - Medium article

Please join us and share this event with folks who are interested in this topic.

If you can’t make it – or even if you can – please help out by replying here w/ resources, ideas, needs you can think of relating to dapp developer experience, user experience, tooling, etc. as they relate to L2s, rollups, ZK rollups.

Some starting points:

Feel free to add comments / links / ideas regarding L2s.

We are looking forward to see you joining the sessions :weight_lifting_man:

3 Likes

Great session!

I want to suggest Session 2 to discuss in depth regarding the topic of “liquidity maker” to easily move from L2 to L1, what are the implication, what are the risk, and how to mitigate the risk and probably what is the incentive for these LM to facilitate assets movement.

2 Likes

Following up my suggestion I found that Connext is implementing Vector right now, may be a great topic to discuss https://medium.com/connext/instant-cross-l2-transfers-are-now-on-testnet-2f1295530c22

1 Like

Agreed, we should definitely spend some time on it this Friday!

There is also the domain specific flavour in the optimistic rollup camp, i.e this provides a rollup with known tooling for smart contract developers. So, instead of developers ‘hosting’ on a general computation rollup chain, they instead use the toolchain to make the contract and its functionality itself a rollup. Most applications are standalone in functionality like governance platforms, games, social protocols; - having the flexibility to integrate the platform as first-class citizen inside a rollup is the key idea.

Anyway, hit me up if you want to talk about too. :slight_smile:

1 Like