Ethereum Magicians Protocol Roadmap Session @ Devcon VI

Description

As in Osaka, Ethereum Magicians are organizing a community session to discuss Ethereum’s roadmap. We will first have a retrospective on The Merge, then spend the bulk of the session discussing potential protocol changes researchers, developers and community members are most excited about.

Logistics

The session is scheduled on October 11, from 3-6pm local time, in the Workshop 1 — SLS/Community Room of Devcon Bogota. More information can be found here.

Here’s a rough schedule of what you can expect:

• 15:00-15:10: Introduction
    • Overview of the session, explanation of ‘fishbowl’ and throw back to Osaka
  • 15:10-16:00: Merge Retrospective
    • Facilitated discussion with merge contributors about what went well, how we can improve for future upgrades, etc.
  • 16:00-17:00: Discussion of Surge/Verge/Purge/Splurge-related changes
    • Fishbowl conversation about these various “large” roadmap items, and how client teams, researchers, and attendees in general think about their relative priorities
  • 17:00-18:00: EIP Rapid Fire
    • Short discussions about specific EIPs, with priority given to EIPs which have signalled they wish to be considered for Shanghai.

See you in Bogota :colombia: !

Edit by @anett :
Thank you to everyone who participated and the session! Huge thank you to our note-takers :slight_smile:

Links regarding this session:

12 Likes

Bounty - we are looking for session live note taker

We are looking for someone to live take notes from this session (3 hours long), the deliverables are notes which we can work with afterwards. The notes should be shared to this thread ideally in markdown or as google document, within a week after the session and the author will be rewarded 200 DAI. Let us know if you would like this spot.

More EIP and ERC Sessions

At Devcon there will be co-working space and hacker space available and we highly encourage community to self-organise specific EIP and ERC session. Please post to this thread announcement more information when your EIP meeting is happening. Let us know if you need help with your session.

Edit: We found note taker for this session

2 Likes

Hello. I would love to help to take notes from this session. The notes taken will be ready within a week and I will ensure it is detailed. I have written some publications before

3 Likes

Happy to help coordinating, presenting, faciliating on all EIPs related to:

• NFTs/SBTs/ABTs/Token-gating/Curation
  • music nft metadata
  • Privacy and self-sovereign identity
  • Other Radical Exchange topics e.g. Plural Property
2 Likes

Hey Tehila, I would like to help with the translation of the notes for spanish speaking people. @anett @timbeiko is this ok for EF? I have been doing this for almost every ACD Call since 3-4 months ago

Thanks for offering! To be clear, this session is aimed towards Core EIPs, but I personally would love to see a separate one focused on ERCs. The neat thing about Ethereum Magicians is that, like Ethereum, it’s permissionless! If you want to put together an ERC session during devcon, you can go ahead and do so :slight_smile: In terms of space, AIUI, there is some coworking space during the venue, so you could use that.

3 Likes

Let’s make the soulbound reign happen ! Email me and let’s change knowledge on my proposal : zaeondao@gmail.com

1 Like

Hi, we are still looking for in-person note taker for the session. Unfortunately Tehila can’t attend the session in person

1 Like

Hi @anett, my name is Marcus and I am a contributor at ENS DAO. I write the bi-weekly newsletter and have covered DAO wide updates since its inception. I will attend Devcon this year and will be assisting the ENS DAO at their booth.

Are you still looking for a note taker? I would be happy to do this for you and I can also translate the notes from English to Spanish. I am a Colombian National and am native/fluent in both languages.

4 Likes

Sure! I’m what do I need to prepare before the session?

The devcon schedule is now out, here is the info about the session: Ethereum Magicians Protocol Roadmap Session — Devcon Bogotá App

3 Likes

A heads-up that this session is now really happening :confetti_ball:

please stop by and DM me if you’re interested in a giving a max 15min lightning talk: ERC lightning talks — Devcon Bogotá App we might be able to extend it to 3:30pm :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Here are the notes that I took during the session @anett :

1 Like

The initial post has been updated with all links and notes from this session.

Thank you everyone for participating!

1 Like