Cancun Network Upgrade Meta Thread

I’d like to propose inclusion of EIP 5656 (MCOPY) in Cancun. I don’t think there is any contention about the spec or its usefulness, it’s easy to understand and implement, it would enable better codegen for batch memory copies in compilers, and it already has an open PR to implement in geth.

1 Like

Thanks, @charles-cooper - I’ve updated the first post to include this, as well as the decisions made in ACDE#160. See the spec PR: Update Include and CFI'd EIPs by timbeiko · Pull Request #754 · ethereum/execution-specs · GitHub

3 Likes

evmone has merged support for MCOPY: https://github.com/ethereum/evmone/pull/629

4 Likes

Note, the scope for Cancun was finalized on ACDE last week. Here’s a PR which updates the list of EIPs: Update included EIPs list by timbeiko · Pull Request #792 · ethereum/execution-specs · GitHub

1 Like

Just wanted to voice my support of for inclusion of EIP-2537 in Cancun, would give much greater first party support for BLS. Using the alt-bn128 precompiles for BLS currently feels a little hacky.

1 Like

Cancun scope was finalized. Prep your case for inclusion in the following upgrade Prague.